Contra Dance/Contradance Links for
Sites outside Canada and the United States
This page is devoted to listing contra dances in areas outside of
the United States and Canada along with bands, musicians, callers,
and organizations that are based in elsewhere. While the information
can be skimpy at times, I try to be inclusive rather than exclusive
in the listings on this page. URLs and e-mail addresses are listed
when available. New entries, additional information, and changes in
information are always welcome. Links to other pages in the
www.contradancelinks.com web site are listed at the bottom of the page.
New links are simply new to me, not
necessarily new to the World Wide Web. Change
in URL means that a link has changed its WWW address or
Costa Rica |
New Zealand |
United Kingdom |
Bands and Musicians |
New links are simply new to me, not
necessarily new to the World Wide Web. Change
in URL means that a link has changed its WWW address or
- Excellent sources of news about folk dance organisations and
events across Australia include:
- The Adelaide Traditional & Bush Dance Society hosts dances on 2nd, 4th and 5th Tuesday of the month with everything from English to contra. Change of URL (October 5, 2015)
- Celtic Southern Cross in Bracknell, Tasmania includes contra dance tunes and composition books in its list of wares.
- There is an English Country & Contra Dance in Broadview Uniting Hall, cnr Galway Ave & Collingrove Ave, Broadview,
South Australia. Thursday nights 7.30-9.30pm. $3. Phone Maureen Morris 8261 8225.
- The National Folk Festival is held in Canberra each year in March/April and within its large schedule of participatory dances, at least one contra dance is included.
- As part of the Monaro Folk Society, the Canberra Contra Club hosts periodic contra dances on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month. Alternate site.
- The band, Contratemps, hosts several contra dances each year in Canberra.
- The Central Coast Bush Dance and Music Association sponsors bush dances in East Gosford, generally on the 2nd Saturday of the month.
- In Hobart, you can find contras included as part of an evening of dancing on the last Saturday or the month or the 2nd Friday of the month hosted by different groups. The Folk Federation of Tamsmania also has information about this series which takes place in various locations.
- In Hobart, Tasmania there is a regular contra dance series: TasContra, 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month (February through December except Easter), Wesley Hall, 58 Melville St, Hobart, 7:30pm with live music. Updated entry (August 28, 2015)
- Also in Hobart, Tasmania you can find contras included as part of an evening of dancing on the 2nd Friday of each month (February through December, except Easter) at Danceoholics Unanimous, Wesley Hall, 58 Melville St, Hobart, 7:30pm. Facebook page. Updated entry (August 28, 2015) Added Facebook page (October 6, 2015)
- In Malvern, Melbourne there are dances on the 2nd Sunday of the month, February through November. 7.45-10.15 pm, Malvern Community Arts Centre 19 Burke Rd. Enquiries: John on 0422-932532. Facebook page. Updated URL and information (May 27, 2016)
- The Melbourne Colonial Dancers host dances on most Wednesdays from the 1st Wednesday in February to the 2nd Wednesday in December with social dances in lines, squares and circles with special events throughout the year.
- In Morningside, Queensland, the Queensland Heritage and Folk Dancers hold bush dances including Colonial/Bush, English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, American Contra, and Multicultural dances usually on the 2nd Saturday of the month. Change in URL (October 5, 2015)
- In Northcote, Melbourne there are dances on the last Sunday of the month, Janaury through November. 7.45-10.15pm, Uniting Church Hall, 251 High Street, Northcote. Enquiries: Gary on 0425-707980. Facebook page. Updated URL and information (May 27, 2016)
- Dances will be happening in Perth at St Margaret's Church Hall, 58 Tyrell St, Nedlands WA 6009. Dates include September 11, October 9, November 13, and December 11, 2016 from 2pm to 5pm. Admission is $5. For more information, contact Steven Janowiecki at firstname.lastname@example.org or (+61) 0422 718 220. New entry (August 27, 2016)
- The Australian Traditional and Bush Dance Society of South Australia meets every 2nd, 4th and 5th Tuesday each month with a recess from mid December to mid January at Prospect Town Hall, Prospect Road, Prospect, SA from 7.30pm till 9.30pm. New entry (October 5, 2015)
- The Victorian Folk Music Club sponsors family bush dances in Ringwood East and other dance in other venues. New entry (October 6, 2015)
- The Bush Music Club, Inc. hosts bush dances (similar, in some respects, to some types of contra dancing) in Sydney on most 1st Saturdays.
- If you are visiting Tasmania in Australia, browse through the listings of the Folk Federation of Tasmania as they include information about concerts and dances, some including contras, on the island. On the last Saturday of each month (March through November, except Easter) the Folk Federation of Tasmania runs themed dances with live bands. Sometimes these are contra dances or include contras. Updated entry (August 28, 2015)
- Dance Folk Tasmania has a Facebook group with information about dances in the area. New entry (October 6, 2015)
- The Traditional Social Dance Association of Victoria holds dances in a variety of genres (including contras) in various locations in Victoria State. New entry (October 6, 2015)
- While the aim of the Wongawilli Band &
Wongawilli Colonial Dance Club Inc. is to preserve, promote and perform Australia's tradition and heritage of music, song, dance, poetry and yarnspinning, they do hold a contra dance near or on July 4th (American Independence Day).
- The band Earthly Delights hosts a series of dances on Sundays in Yarralumia with English Country Dance, Baroque, Regency Couples, Contra Dance, Renaissance Dance, and Vintage Ballroom. Slight change in URL (October 5, 2015)
- Dance Kaleidoscope has information about contra dances and related events in Yeronga and nearby communities. New entry (October 6, 2015)
- The group zietenTANZ hosts country dance evenings, including contra dances in Vienna twice a month.
- Dvorana Dance of Praha holds occasional dances, weekends, and dance trips, some of which include contras.
- There are contra dances in Paris on an irregular schedule (next one is on September 24 at Cit&ecute; Universitaire). Facebook group. Updated information for next dance (May 22, 2016)
- Folk Dance in Northern France provides more general information about folk dancing (including contra dancing) in this part of the country. Updated entry (August 22, 2015)
- A central site is Contra dancing in
Germany. It provides information about dances across the country.
- In the Aachen area, there is Aixtreme Pro Contra. The contact person is Carol David-Blackman. The mailing address is Zedernstr. 10, D 52146 Wurselen. The telephone number is +49 2405 82836. The organization hosts New England contras and traditional squares on a twice a month on Thursday at 7:30pm (19:30). The organization can also give information on Club squares in the area. See
additional note. Updated entry (October 7, 2015)
- In Berlin, the American Contra and Traditional Square Dance Group meets, generally, every other Sunday of most months with a break during the summer.
- You can dance in Hannover every Tuesday and Thursday with Open Country Hannover. Dances include a range of contras, squares, and mixers, depending on who attends on a given night.
- Howard Felson
reports that the Jerusalem Contra Dance Society now meets monthly at Beit Moses, Derech Beit Lehem 52, on Thursdays at 8:15PM. It's usually the third Thursday of the month except when holidays interfere so please check with us to confirm. We plan to meet more than once a month. If anybody is planning to visit--musicians, dancers or callers--please be in contact. Our dances benefit greatly when we have experienced dancers join us. We'll find a way to work in a guest caller or musician. See us on Facebook at Jerusalem Contra. Our email is email@example.com
- There are dances on the 1st Saturdays of the month in Fushimi. You may wish to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the dance.
- There appears to be a dance series in Kyoto on 3rd Saturdays. For more information about this dance, e-mail email@example.com. Last update was March 2013 (October 6, 2015)
- There are monthly contra dances from October to April on a variety of dates in Merida (alternate site. Residents of the Yucat‡n, and visiting dancers, callers and musicans are welcomed. There will be two special events on January 16, 2016 and January 23, 2016 called Mexican Contra Dance Week with caller, Linda Leslie, and Massachusetts musicians, Amy Larkin and Linda Henry. We'd like to invite people to join us and bookend a January week in the sunny Yucatan with Massachusetts style contra dancing. Updated entry (August 28, 2015)
- Donna Richoux provides information about a variety of places to folk dance in the Netherlands including contras, squares, English country, etc along with links to just about every other type of folk dancing in
the country. Last updated in 2011 (October 6, 2015)
- Antony Heywood supplies information about the Folk Dance Society NVS which hosts a number of events and activities including English, Scottish and American Country (contra) dancing.
- The Dancing Kiwis of New Zealand have information about dances and other events all over the country. Change in date (October 6, 2015)
- An excellent place to find out about all types of folk dancing in
New Zealand is Folk Dance New Zealand produced by Kieron Horide-Hobley for the association.
- Jared's list of Australia Folk
Dance and Contra Dancing in Australia and New Zealand.
- There are dances in Auckland on 3rd Saturdays at St Lukes Church Hall, 704 New North Road, Mt Albert. New entry (October 6, 2015)
- The Dancing Kiwis hosts dances on 1st Saturdays and every Thursday in Christchurch along with other venues. Change in date (October 7, 2015)
- The Dunedin Contradance Group meets every Monday (except long weekends).
- Contra dancing is part of the activites of The International
Dancing Group in Hawkes
Bay. Change of URL (November 28, 2015)
- Contra dancing every fourth Saturday (except October) with Chilli Jam in the Wellington suburb of Kelburn. Change in date (October 6, 2015)
- Dances in Nelson occur on 2nd Saturdays at the Victory Community Centre. New entry (October 7, 2015)
- There will be a contra dance weekend in Waipara from February 12 to February 14, 2016. New entry (October 6, 2015)
- There are contra dances, usually but not always on the 3rd or 4th Saturday of most months in Dietlikon/Zurich: With caller Katja Hunn and music provided by "Over the Isles". The group dances traditional American contras, squares, mixers and English dances. For more information contact: Katja Hunn, Sonnenbühlstrasse 31, CH- 8305 Dietlikon
Tel: +41 1 888 20 85 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. And they have their own web site at http://folkdancedietlikon.ch.
- For festivals, try the following pages:
- Colin Hume provides advice to
American callers and dancers visiting the United Kingdom.
- The English Folk Dance and Song
Society has its calendar of activities for the Cecil Sharp House and the
rest of England. Change of URLs (November 28, 2015)
- Set and Turn Single, an independent magazine for folk dancers, includes schedules and other dance information for a number of events across
- Cruise Conrol Contras has good listings for dances, callers and bands in the UK including those that do not have web sites along with a fairly extensive list of links to contra dancing in general and related subjects.
- The Alcester contras are held at the Greig Hall in Alcester, Warwickshire on various Friday nights throughout the year.
- John and Hilary Turner sponsor a series of Light-Hearted Dance Weekends in locales such as Bare and Bournemouth which feature dances from the 'Playford era' (c1650) up to the present day including 'New England' Contras & Squares.
- The Brummie Contras occur in Birmingham on various Sunday afternoons throughout the year plus Good Friday evening. Update of information (January 1, 2016)
- The Cambridge Contra Dance meets fortnightly on Friday evenings. Hugh Stewart supports the site.
- The Round is
Cambridge University's English Country Dance Society. While The Round is primarily a Playford club, they do not limit themselves to this collection and so they also dance other traditional English dances as well as "Ceilidh" dances and American Contras on Thursday nights. They also hold Ceilidhs during the year. Richard Morgan supports the site.
- The Chilworth contras are held once a month on a variety of Thursdays with New England Contras & Squares and lots of swinging!
- The Chippenham Festival takes place in late May each year, sometimes with contras included in the programme.
- The Halsway Manor in Crowcombe hosts the Halsway Folk Dance Group on 1st and 3rd Wednesdays who enjoy dancing different styles of traditional English and American dances. New entry (November 25, 2015)
- The Derby Folk Dance Club includes American style contras and squares some of the dances during its events. New entry (November 28, 2015)
- The Wednesday Group in Doncaster meets on Wednesdays at the Kirk Sandall and Edenthorpe Church Hall and includes contras during its events. New entry (November 28, 2015)
- There are contras in Exeter at St Katherine's Priory on, generally but not always, the 2nd Friday of the month. New entry (November 28, 2015)
- The Frenchay Folk Dance Club dances to an interesting range of folk dances from English country dance, stately Playford style to American square and contra dances. New entry (November 28, 2015)
- The Gainsborough Folk Dance Club includes Longways or contra dances, circles and squares in its programmes. New entry (November 28, 2015)
- Henry and Jacqui Morgenstein have organized Abbey Assembly events in Great Malvern in April. New entry (March 15, 2015)
- There is now a series of dances in Guildford, on a variety of Saturdays, every other month.
- The Run of the Mill Club hold dances on the 2nd, 4th and 5th Wednesday of each month from September to July in Holloway with dances which may be Traditional, Elizabethan, American Contras and Squares or dances by Pat Shaw. Change of URL (November 16, 2015)
- The Loughborough Folk Dance Club occasionally holds a night of contra dancing in Kegworth on various Fridays. Change of URL (November 16, 2015)
- There are now Contras in Kent with weekly Monday night contra dances, Tuesday night (variety of dances) plus workshops and live bands monthly on Saturdays.
- There are contra dances in Leeds the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month except July and August. Thomas Green provides the information.
- The Liverpool "Contra" folk-dance club, while a specialist club for English Country Dancing does include some contras during its weekly Tuesday night programs (September-May).
- The London Barndance Company generally meets on 2nd Saturdays. Jane Curry and Andrew Findlay prepare the information.
- The Loughborough Folk Dance Club hosts dances on Monday nights featuring English Ceilidh dancing, Irish, American and Scottish social dancing. Change of URL (November 16, 2015)
- The Nottingham Folk Dance Group holds regular Tuesday night dances and occasional Saturday night dances with the genres ranging from 'Playford' dances and those by Pat Shaw, to American style contras.
- The Reading Folk Dance Group meet on alternate Wednesday evenings dancing Playford, dances from the villages, Fallibroome, Maggot Pie, Pat Shaw, American Squares & Contras.
- The dances in Sheffield feature high-energy contra dancing for all at the Walkley Community Centre.
- The Sheffield Ceilidh Society mixes in some contras from time to time at their dancing events. New entry (November 28, 2015)
- The Sidmouth International Festival in Sidmouth, held in the first part of August, definitely includes contradancing.
- The Friday Folk at St. Albans specialise in English traditional dances, but occasionally try other dance styles including contras. Bob Barrett hosts the page.
- The Inter Varsity Folk Dance Festival (IVFDF) is held in late February and/or early March on a rotating site basis (in 2016 it will be in Warwick). It is described as a wild and wacky folk dance festival arranged for students by students. This doesn't mean that you have to be a student to attend, it just means that the festival is produced with students in mind; i.e. no five star accommodation on site, no fancy publications and no sleeping. Some of the years, there have been contra dances among the activities.
- The Worksop Folk Dance Group meets at the Larwood Community Centre and includes a few American dances during its evenings. New entry (November 28, 2015)
- Martin Kiff maintains a list of English Ceilidh and Barn Dance bands in England for the webfeet site.
- The Folk Federation of Tasmania has information about dance bands in Tasmania.
- All the Right Notes is the resident band for Leeds (England) Contra Dance. The line-up of fiddles, flute, piano, guitar, and squeeze-boxes depending who comes. Change in band name and URL (November 17, 2015)
- Bellows, Scratchitt, and Pluckitt play at ceilidhs & barn dances in the Nottingham, England area.
- Dave Brown played with Wild Thyme for a number of years and now plays with ConTradition and Skylark. He is based in England.
- The Bursledon Village Band is based near Southampton on the South Coast of the U.K.
- The Cat's Whiskers Barn Dance Band plays ceilidhs, barn dances and hoe-downs right across England, from Northumberland to Southampton and from Essex to Wessex. Change of URL (March 15, 2015)
- The Celebration Barn Dance Band is from Nottingham, England. New entry (July 9, 2016)
- Chilli Jam plays on a regular basis at the dance in Wellington, New Zealand.
- Contra Alt Delete are a young, energetic, slightly nerdy, dynamic band based in London and Coventry. New entry (November 28, 2015)
- Contraband (U.K.) is based in Kent. The band's repertoire includes traditional folk music, our own compositions, Irish, traditional American andeven some Scottish tunes with many "new" tunes and arrangements being introduced. Change of URL (November 28, 2015)
- ConTradition features Dave Brown on fiddle, Julia Day on keyboards and Shane Day on accordion and plays everything from Playford to contra in the UK.
- Corkscrew are an entertaining established band providing music and fun for all ages. The band is based in Poole in Dorset, England.
- The Currawong Bush Band plays traditional Australian bush music for bush dances and other events in and around Sydney.
- In Australia, Earthly Delights plays music and lead dances in many traditional styles, they also cross traditional boundaries, mixing medieval and modern instruments and blending Anglo-Celtic, Central European, Latin American and Middle-Eastern melodic, harmonic and rhythmic styles to produce new and exhilarating music. For those that won't be making Down Under in the near future, you can buy "A Box of Earthly Delights", their 2 CD set, which includes instructions for the dances played on the CDs. John Garden supports the site.
- The English
Contra Dance Band are based in England and feature fiddle players Jackie Allen and Linda Game and piano player Gareth Kiddier. Change of URL (November 28, 2015)
- Caroline and Dan Hollingshurst compose Folkus Pocus which along with playing at an occasional contra dance play dances and workshops at Cecil Sharp House and clubs around the UK.
- The Hazel Hill String Band regularly plays at the dance in Jerusalem, Israel. Change in URL (November 28, 2015)
- The High Jinks Band plays music for English and American Country Dancing, Ceilidhs and social events and is based in Stockport, England. Change in URL (November 28, 2015)
- The Hobart Old Time String Band plays at an occasional contra dance in Tasmania and other locales in Australia along with their other gigs.
- Jigabit is a dance band from the UK playing mostly in the West Midlands and East Midlands for Ceilidh and Barn Dances, and including many American and French-Canadian tunes in its repertoire. Change in name and URL (November 28, 2015)
- Kelly's Eye plays for contras and barn dances in England. Change of URL (November 28, 2015)
- King Kontra are an exciting, unique and innovative band formed especially to play for contra dance. They present a blend of high energy American, Irish and original music set in a fusion of jazz, traditional, rock and western swing influences. They are based in England. New entry (November 28, 2015)
- Knotted Chord is a folk dance band and plays a wide variety of folk dance music, suitable for all levels of dance experience and all age groups. Their repertoire covers more than three centuries of English music, as well as a broad range of more recent dances. They have a strong interest in American Contra dance music and can also provide a sprinkling of tunes from most parts of Europe. It is based in Nottingham, England. Change of URL (November 28, 2015)
- The Melbourne Colonial Dance Band provides live music for the Colonial Bush Dance held on the first Wednesday of each month and plays tunes suitable for playing for Australian colonial and folk dancing.
- Howard Mitchell plays double bass, melodeon and concertina for all types of dances including contra dances in England.
- The Night Before (Nicky Wood - fiddle, Alan Brunier - accordion, Adam Griffin - guitar) are a Coventry (England) -based folk dance band who play an exciting range of energetic and fun tunes for ceilidhs, contra and Playford dances. New entry (November 23, 2015)
the Isles plays on a regular basis in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Portland Drive is a folk dance band specialising in playing high energy and exciting dance music for contra dancing, although we also love playing the beautiful tunes from the English tradition. New entry (November 28, 2015)
- Based in England, Skylark is a new band formed out of members of the Dave Brown Band. Dave Brown (Fiddle), Elaine Meechan (Keyboards), Kathryn Meechan (flute), Dave Hunter or Patience Scott-Brown (Guitar) and Mark Brown (Bass).
- The Spike Island Band plays at barn dances in England. Richard Breton maintains the site.
- Steamchicken began life as a trio of Folk enthusiasts, and has bred to become an eight piece ensemble of virtuosic cacophony spanning the folk, jazz, soul and funk genres with trademark buffoonery, big hearted riffs and unstoppable energy. They play in England. New entry (November 28, 2015)
- Stradivarious plays music for Folk Dances, Country Dances, Barn Dances, Ceilidhs, Scottish Dances, Square Dances, Contra Dances, in much of England.
- Vertical Expression was originally formed as the house band of the Sheffield Contra series, but now also plays at other venues in England and is driven by the double bass and guitar rhythm with excellently danceable melodies played on the fiddle and melodeon.
- The Weston Country Dance
Band combines Christina on fiddle, Mary Brock on keyboard and John Brock on box in the UK. Change from e-mail to URL (November 29, 2015)
- Wild Ride is a new dance band with decades of combined dance experience in its ranks. Wild Ride brings together the fiddle of Bob Tracey, the piano and fiddle of Holly Norton and the mandolin, banjo and guitar of Robbie Thomas to produce an exciting, driving and superbly danceable sound. New entry (November 28, 2015)
- The Wongawilli Band plays at bush dances and other events in Australia and all over the world.
- Julie Bishop calls contras and some English with a variety of bands in Australia. (e-mail only)
- Barrie Bullimore is an
experienced caller of American dances, particularly contra, in the
UK. (e-mail only (take the (at) out)
- Michael Catovsky calls from contras to internataional and everything in between in England.
- Jeremy Child will call at events such as a wedding, a special occasion, a club event, a fundraiser or just wanting to have a good time, from absolute beginners to experienced dancers. He is based in England. New entry (November 28, 2015)
- Mike Courthold is a contra caller and Chippenham Festival dance organiser in England. (e-mail only (take the (at) out)
- Geoff Cubitt is a wondrous caller of contras and decidedly devilish squares in the UK. Change from e-mail to URL (November 28, 2015)
- Rhodri Davies is a magical contra caller at home on both sides of the Atlantic and resides in England. Change from e-mail to URL (November 28, 2015)
- Heiner Fishcle is a caller based in Hannover, Germany and has written several essays (in German and English) on contra dancing.
- Al Green calls at events ranging from a high level workshop for experienced dancers to a family party with all ages dancing together in a simple fun way. He is based in England. New entry (November 28, 2015)
Green, of England, calls at barn dances at a number of venues.
- Adam Hughes calls Ceilidhs, and Barn Dances, and Contra dances, and Playford Dances and... all in England.
- Colin Hume, based in England, calls at dances, camps and festivals there and in the United States.
- Katja Hunn calls on a regular basis in Zurich, Switzerland.
- John Meechan is praised equally for his work with absolute beginners who confess to having two left feet through to the real experts who relish in the challenge and complexity of John's more complicated dances. He is based in Warwickshire, England.
- Eileen Nightingale is a caller of high energy contras and squares in England. (e-mail only (take the (at) out))
- Audun Reitzel calls traditional American square and contra Dancing in New England style, singing calls, and traditional/transitional western style, with a wide repertoire of dances, suitable for beginning to advanced dancers. He is based in Denmark. Change of URL (April 3, 2010)
- Frances Richardson has called at all the major Festivals in the United Kingdom, plus dance weekends and Saturday nights. (e-mail only) New entry (September 8, 2016)
- In Germany, Ulla Stern has several decades of experience organizing folk music and dance groups along with calling various types of dances.
- Andrew Swaine calls and is involved in a number of dance activities in and around Sheffield, England.
- Colin Towns is a specialist in English (from 1650), American Contra and Square, Morris and Sword dancing in Australia. (e-mail only)
- Chris Turner is a contradance caller in the UK. (e-mail only)
- John Turner calls English Country and contra dances and lives in England.
- David Wanless & Cathy Hutchinson call contras along with a wide variety of other dances in Tasmania. (e-mail only)
- Ian Whitehead calls at a variety of dances in England. Change of URL (June 18, 2015)
- Stephen Woodcock is a barn dance caller in the West Midlands of England.
- Cashy Yates calls on a regular basis at the dance in Wellington, New Zealand.
- Much of the non-UK information was provided by Donna Richoux. She
notes that in the Netherlands, UK, and probably other locations,
visitors should expect to find English Country Dancing and US contras
mingled together. It is rare to find a purely US contra event.
- Margot Gunzenhauser writes that in Denmark (or for that matter,
the Czech Republic), there is less English Country Dancing. She
included a lot of Playford dances when she first started up the group
in Denmark in 1981, but English dancing never really caught on here,
although it is starting to become a little more popular now with some
of the more experienced dancers. The contra and traditional square
dance scene in Denmark is thus very much American in focus, and
visitors usually feel at home with them.
This page is part of the Contrdancelinks.com web site. For more information about contra dancing, visit these other site pages:
Sites and Pages
Contra Dance Links Home Page
Rehoboth, MA | New
England | Mid-Atlantic
South Atlantic |
South Central | Great Lakes | Great Plains
Rocky Mountains | Pacific | Canada | Rest
of the World
Resources | All Bands and Musicians | All Callers | What's New
Festivals, Weekends, Camps, etc.
Waltzes and Scandinavian Dances |
Traditional and Old-Time Square Dances
Community Bands and Open Bands |
Open Caller Opportunities
Contra Dance Cookies
District of Columbia |
New Hampshire |
New Mexico* |
New York |
North Carolina |
North Dakota |
Rhode Island |
South Dakota** |
West Virginia |
*The Colorado link will bring you to Dancing on the Web. The Maine link will bring you to the Downeast Friends of the Folk Arts. The New Mexico link will bring you to the New Mexico Folk Music and Dance Society. The Utah link will bring you to Utah Contradance Information. These fine organizations and individuals already have complete listings for these states and there is no reason for me to duplicate their efforts.
**As far as I know, there are no regular dances or events in Mississippi, South Dakota or Wyoming, but I have created pages if something changes in the future.
Produced by Charlie Seelig
Last updated on September 15, 2016